Assignment 2: Sales Force Compensation
For companies that have a mission of selling, a major objective is to motivate the salespeople. While there are many factors that go into motivating these people, one of the primary factors is the compensation plan that describes how they will be rewarded. Research a large organization’s sales force and its compensation plan, or…use a fictitious company and make necessary assumptions.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- In order to motivate the sales force to produce the highest number of clients, describe six (6) features (not to be confused with the total rewards components) of an effective total rewards program. Hint: See eligibility for sales compensation in the textbook.
- Describe the behaviors of the sales force that are targeted with the compensation plan. See page 278 in the textbook.
- Assess how a value proposition is achieved for current and future employees in the plan you have outlined. *In responding, consider this site, https://workology.com/employee-value-propositions-evp/
- Based upon the type of plan you have created, indicate how attracted you think future salespeople may be to this plan. In other words, what specifically about your plan will attract the sales people?
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources. Consider https://research.strayer.edu
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define total rewards and describe the advantages of a total rewards approach.
- Analyze an organization’s strategy, workforce, operating environment, and key stakeholders to identify critical factors in designing a total rewards strategy.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in total rewards.
- Write clearly and concisely about total rewards using proper writing mechanics.
Here are the things to notice in the paper:
- The running heads are set up properly on cover page and information is centered on the page (not too far up or too far down).
- Every page has a page number.
- Introduction section has the title as its heading (should not be Introduction).
- All headings are restructured versions of the paper’s requirements statements and not copied and pasted versions.
- Reference and introduction headings are not to be bold text; all others are bold text
- All citations (with the exception of a couple) have 3 parts: author, year, and page or paragraph numbers.
- Paper has good mixture of research and student’s own thoughts and the information is relevant.
- All paragraphs are properly indented throughout the paper.
- Conclusion section is effective and does not repeat what the introduction says or begins with “In this paper we talked about…”
- It goes without saying that all information in any paper must be specific to the paper’s topics with good grammar and meaning.