The case analysis assignment will include a series of two papers based on a case study that are due throughout the semester at times indicated on the course Canvas site and the course schedule. These papers assess the student’s understanding and ability to integrate individual and family theories within a systems perspective. Using the case study, One Little Boy, students will construct a comprehensive view of a family experiencing difficulty. This task develops integrative and critical thinking necessary for generalist assessment and intervention at the micro level. This analysis should double spaced text, including appendices and references and should follow the format below. It should be formatted in APA style regarding margins, headings, page numbers, font, reference list, appendices, and in-text citations.Paper 1: Contextual Analysis (10%)
- Problem Statement.2-3 sentences that summarize the central problems. The summary may cross system levels, and succinctly identifies the crucial problems that contribute to the dilemma experienced by the client/family. This is not a question, but a statement that identifies a professional analysis of the essential problem(s) in the case. Work hard to analyze the situation and not just restate the dilemma, and identify what is causing it.
- Contextual Analysis. 3-page (minimum) analysis of the central issues for this case. This should include an analysis of micro, mezzo, exo, macro and chrono systems using an ecological framework. In this case, it may help to think about issues between the social worker and client(s), functioning of the various systems, the context of the treatment, agency issues, and relationships between those involved in the case.
- Biological/PhysicalDevelopment Analysis. 2-page (minimum) Utilizing knowledge of physicaldevelopment, identify the possible genetic, epigenetic and biological components contributing to the problem(s). Accurately assesses the subject’s current physical development with special attention to genetic and epigenetic issues. Use at least 3 relevant sources (other than the course text) from the past five years to support this portion of the analysis.
- Reflection. 1-page (minimum) Provide a reflection on what YOU learned in this analysis. Next, identify one social work competency below and describe how this will affect your practice with individual or family dynamics and/or development. Your reflection can be written in first person.
- Genogram & Ecomap. Construct a genogram and ecogram for the client/ family. These should be placed at the end of the paper as appendices (they are not part of the three- page analysis. Be as descriptive as possible about the larger system in which this client/family resides. A good resource for learning about genograms and ecomaps is found here: