CHAPTER 8 CASE STUDY:
1. List three alternatives Whole Foods’ management might consider in opening a store to serve Detroiters before selecting the Midtown site.
2. What information would management need to evaluate these three alternatives?
3. Do you think you would have enjoyed making the decision to open a Whole Foods store in Midtown Detroit? Explain.
1. How does a food co-op differ from a regular grocery store?
2. How did Elm City Market gain ideas for the organizational structure of their co-op?
3. Why did the founders of Elm City Market feel a co-op would better serve their community than a grocery store with a different organizational structure?