Assignment Overview:For this assignment, you will use the article you selected for the Module 3 Discussion to draft and revise a 2-Paragraph Summary Response Essay in a Word document. You will use MLA formatting, identify and correct writing errors, and reflect on the writing process. This assignment will allow you to summarize and respond to community-centered writing. It will also give you the opportunity to practice providing evidence and analysis in paragraphs.Assignment Instructions:
- If possible, print your chosen newspaper article.
- Read and underline the main points of the article, using the instructions from Chapter 18 in your textbook.
- See the Sample Summary Response Essay in the Module 3 Learning Resources folder.
- Write the first paragraph of your essay as a summary. Remember to include the following:
- The first sentence should include author, title, and source
- Describe the main idea of the article
- Include the most important supporting ideas
- Write the second paragraph as a response to the article. Remember to include the following:
- What’s your overall opinion about the article? Was it written well, or did it not fully cover the topic? Explain.
- Did the author seem trustworthy? Did the author use unbiased language or did the author seem overly biased? Explain.
- Would you recommend this article to others?
Your paper must adhere to the following guidelines:
- 300-350 words in length
- Double-spaced, 1-inch margins, Times New Roman or Calibri, 12-point font
- Use MLA in-text citations for all references to your source (see the video in Module 3 Learning Resources)
- Have a Works Cited page (use citation provided with each article)
- Use complete sentences, correct punctuation, grammar, and mechanics