OVERVIEW: Students will choose an area of communication to focus on (that is, Perception, Self-Esteem, Nonverbal Messages, Speech Delivery, or Vocal Delivery) based on one of the following TED Talks. After viewing the TED Talk of your choice, please reflect on the questions below and answer each of them, writing at least a paragraph in response to each question.
Please check the Course Syllabus for the DUE DATE of this essay assignment. Please submit your essay as a .docx or .pdf document to the Assignment Dropbox by the due date.
Your TED Talk homework assignment essay should be typed using an 11- or 12-point font, double-spaced, with left-align margins (NO justified or centered text, please!), and should run 2 to 3 pages long. Please be sure to type your name at the top right corner of page 1.
Option #5: VOCAL DELIVERY : Vocal Branding: How Your Voice Shapes Your Communication Imagehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ylzGfHKOs
- How did you feel about this speaker’s attention-getter? Did you like it? Not like it? Please explain.
- What did the speaker mean when she said, “Your voice defines you?” Please elaborate on what the speaker meant. Also, do you agree or disagree that “your voice is the most important element in your personal brand?” No matter whether you agree or disagree, please explain your point of view.
- Of the five elements she identified that contribute to “vocal brand,” which one(s) do you feel is most important, and why? Please provide examples (either personal examples, or examples you have observed in others) to support your point of view.
- Did you find this TEDx Talk to be helpful in focusing your attention on the importance of vocal delivery? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Do you feel that this TEDx Talk can be beneficial to other speech students as well? Whether your answer is yes or no, please explain.