You should begin by reading the work by Ferati et al. that discusses requirements gathering for users with special needs. For this first part of this assignment, you will take a position on the arguments made in this paper, and examine the following:
- What position does the paper take? What are some the primary arguments they are making, and what reasons do they have for backing up these claims?
- Do you agree with the position taken in this paper? Use external sources to back up your argument.
- How could the paper be improved? How could you expand upon this work?
This assignment well serve to help acclimate you with some of the challenges faced by special needs computing users.
For the second part of this week’s assignment, you should propose a new way in which IoT devices can help a group of users with special needs. Your proposal should include:
- What group(s) of special needs users do you intend to target? Define the group(s) and the challenges encountered by the group(s).
- How will the IoT device assist this special needs group?
- Demonstrate a development plan. How will you accomplish your goals?
- What risks will you encounter, and how will you overcome them?
- How will you measure the effectiveness of this proposal?
Be sure to include external references to support your proposal.
Lengths: Position paper: 2-3 pages; New IoT proposal: 1-2 pages; Total: 3-5 pages, not including title page and references