For this assignment, you must compare different tools and algorithms commonly used in the industry for threat prevention, detection, and control.
You must include the following:
- Table of industry tools that can be implemented to prevent intrusions or malware attacks.
- Advantages and issues related to the full implementation of the following mathematical models:
- Access-control matrix model
- Mandatory-access control model
- Discretionary access control model
- Role-based access control model
- Bell-LaPadula confidentiality model
- Biba integrity model
- Lipner model
- Clark-Wilson Model
- Brewer-Nash (Chinese Wall) models
- Graham-Denning model
Length: 4-6 pages
Resources: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources
The use of security information event management (SIEM) software detected that a malware attack originated from an international source. As the cybersecurity analyst of FSB with critical infrastructure and mission-sensitive information, you have determined that the external hackers have the motivation to cause business disruption. The virus penetrated the enterprise’s IT infrastructure, infecting servers, desktops, and laptops; destroying information; and spreading ransomware. The payload of the virus deleted mission-critical files and changed file extensions for all database files.
The attacks have crippled the organization’s ability to make timely business decisions. Further investigation of logs using a security information event management application revealed that there had been significant internal attacks including sniffing, MAC spoofing, WEP/WPA cracking, AP spoofing, and DoS of the company resources due to the weak wireless infrastructure. These attacks have weakened the security posture of the organization.
For this assignment, you must write an academic paper in which you address the malware attack. Your paper should include the following:
- title and reference pages
- Reasons why web-based applications are vulnerable.
- Describe three attacks that can be levied on web servers and their applications. Support this description with supportive reference, where you will describe the economic and operational impact of these attacks, either coming from malware, phishing, whaling, ransomware, or any other.
- Recommend response procedures to be followed to contain the impact and spread of the malicious code, mitigate further damage and regain control of the network, applications, or services. These recommendations must include at least two tools recommended as part of the solutions with their corresponding features to mitigate wireless network attacks.
- Reasons why wireless networks are more vulnerable to attacks than wired networks.
- Suggest risk responses in terms of:
- Risk avoidance
- Risk acceptance
- Risk mitigation through the application of industry best principles and practices and information security policies
- Monitor the infrastructure for security-related events
- Securing of information assets
Length: 6-8 pages academic paper
References: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources
Eling, M., & Wirfs, J. (2019). Innovative applications of O.R.: What are the actual costs of cyber risk events?
Johnson, K. N. (2016). Managing cyber risks. Georgia Law Review, 50(2): 547-592.
Radanliev, P., De Roure, D.C., Nicolescu, R., Huth, M., Mantilla, R., Cannaly, S., & Burnap, P. (2018). Future developments in cyber risk assessment for the internet of things