In the essay you need to:
• Pick one content theory and one process theory of motivation
• Compare and contrast the CHOSEN content theory and process theory
• Illustrate the usefulness of the CHOSEN content and process theories of motivation for managers in a real-life organisation
Chosen content theory is: Self determination theory
Chosen process theory is: Goal setting theory
Your essay should have the following sections:
1. Introduction. State the topic of the essay, what you will be arguing, and how you have structured the essay. Briefly introduce each of the two CHOSEN theories.
2. Compare and contrast the CHOSEN content theory and process theory of motivation. Identify characteristics that are similar and different and emphasise similarities and differences where appropriate.
3. Illustrate the usefulness of the CHOSEN content and process theories of motivation for managers in a real-life organisation. Based on your analysis in Section 2, provide an informed and supported viewpoint about how content and process theories of motivation may be used by managers to influence employee behaviour. Consider the pros and cons in order to come to a supported assessment and conclusion. Explain and clarify using concrete examples.
4. Conclusion. Summarise key points made in the essay and discuss implications.
5. Reference list. You need to use the APA 6 referencing style.
You MUST consult and reference a minimum of four (4) academic articles and two (2) books (of which one can be the recommend textbook, Wood et al, 2019) to support your analysis. .
Need to illustrate with the help of a real life organisation
WORD LIMIT IS 1000 WORDS