This is a Psychology 101 . I need a five page research paper on Media Influence. The questions listed are questions that need to be answered within my research paper. You need to include 4 scholarly references. APA formatting. Then, on a separate page, make an annotated bibliography just as the examples listed in the post below based on my research paper.
· Describe four primary ethical principles required for psychological research with human beings. Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to help demonstrate the principles.
· Why does a course on psychology begin by examining the structures and function of the nervous system? Give specific examples from at least 4 research studies that demonstrate how the nervous system influences behavior.
· Compare and contrast classical conditioning and operant conditioning. Explain real world applications of these learning theory principles. Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to help demonstrate the principles.
· Define reinforcement and punishment. Why do psychologists prefer negative reinforcement to punishment as a way to shape behavior? Be sure to share at least four scholarly research examples in your discussion of the concepts.
· Describe the effects of watching violent television programs and movies on children. Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to help demonstrate these effects.
· What are four harmful maternal behaviors that can affect the developing child?
· Choose one aspect of development (cognitive, personality, language, social/emotional) and discuss how nature and nurture might interact to influence this aspect of development. Please be sure to discuss at least fourscholarly research examples to support your ideas.
· How do cultural factors influence human development? Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to support your ideas.
· Choose a theorist (Freud, Piaget, Erikson, Skinner, or Bandura). Explain the main features of their theory and the relevance of their theory today. Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to support your ideas.
· Choose a psychological disorder. Define the disorder, explain symptoms and impact on the individual and family/society. Discuss potential causes, and treatments. Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to support your ideas.
· Explain how attitudes are changed through persuasion, and describe how attitudes and behavior influence one another. Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to support your ideas.
· Define cognitive dissonance. Provide an example of cognitive dissonance from your own experience. Explain why cognitive dissonance can cause attitude change. Please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to support your ideas.
· Define social influence and conformity, and describe the factors that influence conformity. Please discuss a recent example from the news (global, national, or local) that helps demonstrate these concepts. Also, please be sure to use at least four scholarly research examples to support your ideas.
Refer to the grading rubric on the next page for grading criteria.
Students: Be sure to read the criteria, by which your paper/project will be evaluated, before you write, and again after you write.
For your paper, you will include FOUR scholarly references. For each resource, you will provide an APA style citation, brief summary of the findings presented in the resource, and a discussion of the relationship between the article content and your topic.
Paper Topic: Depression
APA style reference:
Sarris, J., O’Neil, A., Coulson, C. E., Schweitzer, I., & Berk, M. (2014). Lifestyle medicine for depression. BMC Psychiatry, 14, 1-28.
Permalink with converter:
This review article explores the relationship between various lifestyle factors and depression. Some of these lifestyle factors include dietary, exercise, and other stress-reduction practices such as meditation. For example, there is ample evidence that exercise significantly reduces depressive symptoms. In addition, mindfulness meditation has been shown to affect brain structure and increase serotonin levels. Furthermore, there is a strong relationship between sleep and depression levels, with one study showing that individuals with insomnia were twice as likely to become depressed as non-insomniacs. Many of these lifestyle “therapies” provide a safe and inexpensive alternative to medications. This paper is important because it highlights potential steps individuals can take to prevent and manage depression.
Relationship to topic (how it relates to my topic and what I will write about):
In my paper, I will write about depression, including its symptoms and causes. This article directly relates to my paper topic because it discusses treatments for depression. I will discuss other traditional therapies including various medications, talk therapies, and electric shock therapy. Next I will discuss evidence from this article that shows how lifestyle changes may be incorporated into any prevention or treatment plan for depression.
APA style reference:
Carter, T., Guo, B., Turner, D., Morres, I., Khalil, E., Brighton, E., & … Callaghan, P. (2015). Preferred intensity exercise for adolescents receiving treatment for depression: a pragmatic randomised controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry, 15, 1-12. doi:10.1186/s12888-015-0638-z.
Permalink with Converter: