Net Neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications regardless of the source, and without favoring or blocking particular products or websites.
The FCC used to have rules that protected net neutrality in the US. In December 2017, these rules were repealed.
For your project, you will research net neutrality and answer the following questions (making a full attempt to be as non-political about your answers as possible – stick to the facts!):
- Why was net neutrality repealed?
- What did experts predict would be the consequences of repealing this legislation?
- What have the actual consequences been for those of us living in the US?
- Has this change affected you personally in any way?
- Do you believe that net neutrality rules will be restored in the future? Why or why not?