Values as a Human Services Professional
Professional and personal values are important to our decision-making. Therefore, during this assignment, you will get to share your core values and discuss their link to service delivery and social responsibility. In addition, you will get to examine the ethical principles among other professions, which will further reinforce the importance of values.
Review the NOHS Ethical Standards for Human Services Professionals and conduct research to discover the values inherent in the human services profession.
Please be sure to address all of the following in your Assignment:
- Identify your top three core values (honesty,Trustworthy, resilient) and discuss why they are your “top three.”
- Discuss how the personal and professional values in the human services profession instructs (or impacts) effective service delivery in both positive and negative ways?
- What expectations for social responsibility by Human Service Professionals are included in the standards, either explicitly or implicitly?
- Compare and contrast these professional values with those of at least one other profession (law, medicine, etc.).
- Use specific examples to discuss the impact of these values on services provided to clientele of each profession discussed.
Your Assignment should be a 3–4 page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of professional ethics and personal values in the human service profession.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of two scholarly or academic sources to support your responses and conclusions
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style